- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- “Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a particular user. The chart below details what Personal Information we collect, how we collect it, and why we collect such Personal Information.
|What Personal Information We Collect||How We Collect the Personal Information||Why We Collect the Personal Information|
|Account creation information, including name, email address, and password.||For users who choose to create an account, we ask users to provide their name, email address, and password.||We use this information to secure a user’s account.|
|Information related to signing up to receive communications from us, including name and email address.||If you elect to receive communications from us, we will ask you for your name and email address.||We need this information in order to keep in touch with you in accordance with their preferences.|
|Age.||Upon visiting the Site, we ask users to affirm that they are of legal age to visit the Site.||It is necessary for us to limit use of the Site to individuals 21 years of age or older (and adult caretakers of individuals who are eligible to participate in a state medical cannabis program under state law).|
|Order-related information, including your name and the products you order.||If you choose to place an advance order of products through our online ordering platform, we will receive information from the ordering platform on your name and the products you order.||We need this information to ensure that you receive the products you order when you arrive at a dispensary.|
|Reservation-related information.||If you choose to reserve an appointment in-person at a dispensary through our reservation, we will receive your name and the reservation time.||We need this information to ensure that you receive proper service when you arrive for your reservation.|
|Delivery-related information, including name and address.||Where we offer delivery through the Services, we request the user’s name and address.||We need this information to deliver products and confirm the identity of the recipient.|
- We do not share Personal Information, except as explained below under “Sharing of Personal Information.”
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Third-Party Contractors – We may use contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform limited services on our behalf, such as hosting websites and providing email services. Service Providers are required to obtain only the Personal Information they need to perform the function for which they are hired, to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information, and not to use Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Preordering and Reservations – We utilize a third party platform to deliver the product pre-order and reservation functions of the Services. This Policy describes our receipt of information from the platform to facilitate the product pre-order and reservation functions of the services. Note that these platforms have their own privacy policies, which you are encouraged to review.
- Compliance with Law and Prevention of Harm – We may disclose Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce any applicable terms of service, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users, yourself or the public. We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Business Transitions – We may share information with businesses that are legally part of the same group as the Company, or that become part of that group. We reserve the right – in the event of a business transition such as a merger – to transfer Personal Information to a new business owner, on the condition that such Personal Information must be treated in accordance with this Policy.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data – As noted above, this Policy addresses the collection and sharing of Personal Information, that is, information that can reasonably be connected with a particular user. We may occasionally de-identify and/or aggregate Personal Information – to the extent permitted by law – to the point that it can no longer be associated with a particular user. When that occurs, such information is no longer Personal Information, and is no longer subject to the restrictions described above.
- Sale of Personal Information – We do not sell Personal Information.
- Protection and Retention of Personal Information
- We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, to protect Personal Information. The appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards employed by us may vary depending on the nature of Personal Information collected, with more stringent measures applied to information of a more sensitive nature.
- No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, however, is entirely secure. While we strive to use appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. Please be aware that certain Personal Information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the Services or the Site may be stored on your device (even if that information is not collected by us). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
- Personal Information will be retained for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes set forth in this Policy, and to comply with all applicable laws.
- Other Provisions
- International Users – Use of the Site and Services is limited to individuals located in the United States. The Company and its servers are located in the United States and are subject to applicable local, state, and federal laws. Users who choose to access the Services or the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Users who choose to access the Services or the Site consent to the use and disclosure of information in accordance with this Policy and subject to such laws. We may limit the Services’ or the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. We do not represent or warrant that the Services or the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdiction.
- Children’s Privacy – The Services and the Site are neither directed to nor structured to attract Users under the age of 21. If you are under the age of 21, you are not permitted to use the Services or the Site. The Company does not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under the age of 21. If you are a parent with concerns about children’s privacy issues in conjunction with the use of the Services or the Site, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Information
- If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Effective Date
- The effective date of this Policy is April 1, 2023.